The history is an essential part of our lives and affects every single minute of your present. There are pictures that can make you cry, laugh or both at the same time. Watch through to see what you have missed in the past.
1. A police officer issuing a woman a ticket for wearing a bikini on an Italian beach, 1957
The police officer does not seem so angry, though.
2. Open air school in the Netherlands, 1918
Open air schools were purpose-built educational institutions for children, that were designed to prevent and combat the widespread rise of tuberculosis that occurred in the period leading up to the Second World War. Two things you should never take for granted: your health and education.
3. Testing football helmets, 1912
Those men in the background were clearly there just for fun.
4. First Miss Soviet Union beauty pageant, 1988
Beauty standards change all the time. How many of these women do you think could won a contest today?
5. Aircraft detection before radar, 1917-1940
Modern technology has come a long way. Now, you can’t even imagine your life without it.
6. Pioneers of Leningrad in a defense drill, 1937
This looks more of a horror movie poster or taken from the moovie The Wall, right?
7. Ruby Bridges, the first African-American to attend a white elementary school in the deep South, 1960
Hope your children will never experience segregation and excommunication in their life.
8. Niagara Falls without water, 1969
We are the creatures that manage to destroy the nature we can’t live without.
9. Workers prepare the foundation of the Eiffel Tower in this April 25, 1887.
Although building the tower required a little more than a few minutes, it was definitely worth it.
10. Soviet gym teachers parade in Moscow, 1956
Nobody would skip the gym class if teachers looked like this today, that’s for sure.
11. Canadian soldiers playing hockey on a rink they built in Korea, 1952
Even soldiers needed some rest and fun sometimes during the Korean War.
12. President Nixon visiting Apollo 11 crew in quarantine, 1969
History was made when the Apollo 11 spaceship landed on the Moon.
13. Living Photographs, photographs created by assembling sailors and soldiers, 1918
Living Emblem of the United States Marines. 100 officers & 9,000 enlisted men. This picture shows perfectly what a huge mass of people is capable of when they join forces.
14. Pele and Bobby Moore swapping jerseys after Brazil defeated England, 1970
Brazil beat England 1-0 in the group stages, the game featuring a number of personal battles between Moore and Brazilian superstar Pele. This exchange between the two after the match says it all about their mutual respect. Always remember, your opponent is not your enemy.
15. Unboxing the Statue of Liberty, 1885
Guess how small you’d look standing next to the whole Statue of Liberty, not just the face.
16. Neil Armstrong photographed just minutes after becoming the first man to walk on the moon, 1969
Most of us would jump around in joy, but he’s just low key smiling.